Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Free AudioBook of the Month: Adopted for Life


Each month, christianaudio.com provides a free audiobook for downloading. No catch. In the past they've had some goodins' on there such as J. Oswald Sanders' Spiritual Leadership, J.I. Packer's Knowing God (classic!), & Tim Keller's MInistries of Mercy. I'm going to try to start posting each new one on my little real estate in the blogosphere.

February's choice is an interesting one. It's called Adopted for Life: The Priority of Adoption for Christian Families & Churches by Russell D. Moore. Dr. Moore is the Dean of the School of Theology over at Southern Theological Seminary in Louisville, KY. He & his wife have two adopted boys from Russia.

My understanding is that Dr. Moore gets into the important doctrine of adoption into God's family through Christ as well as the priority of caring for the "fatherless" in the Old Testament -- then understanding their import upon the call to adopt in the modern world. My quick take is that it may not be for everyone, but from everything I hear it is a "must read" for anyone who has even remotely considered adoption. Here's the link:




1 comment:

  1. Cool! Thanks for posting this Ryan--I wouldn't have know about it otherwise :)

    ReplyDelete