Thursday, December 22, 2016

Where Jesus was born tells us even more about the Savior God sent

Did baby Jesus arrive just in the nick of time? And was he born in a stable?  In this excerpt from The Radical Book for Kids, Champ Thornton briefly addresses these questions. 

How do these JC birth tidbits help us more deeply appreciate the God-child? 

Mary, Joseph and Jesus were turned away from not from an ancient hotel room, but from a standard, normal custom of Jewish hospitality and even potentially asked to spend the night in an underground cutout where we would normally store our Christmas ornaments. These details demonstrate further what was predicted about our Savior: 

"He was despised and rejected by men" (Isaiah 53:3).  Perhaps what Jesus experienced wasn't simply bad luck, but cold hostility. Many of us know the feeling. 

Yet "The stone that builders rejected, has become the cornerstone; this was the Lord's doing and it is marvelous in our eyes." (Matthew 21:42; cf. Ps 118:22). 

Thank you Jesus, for arriving in the most humble way possible to reach those lowly in heart and stature!  

1 comment:

  1. I'm Sara Frédéric from Switzerland I want to let the whole world know how Dr Great has restored my broken relationship with Wayne. We have been together for 2 1/2 years and he told me that he doesn’t love me like he used to. Things have not been good for about 4 months and he ended this about 2 weeks ago. I was miserable and just don’t want to go on anymore. I did text him right after this but he didn’t even respond to me. One day I was searching for something on the Internet when I saw a post of a love spell caster called Dr Great and how he helped a lady to get back her Ex, I was so desperate to get mine back I messaged him and explained my situation to him and he instructed me to do somethings which I did and 24 hours later my boyfriend Wayne came back home kneeling and begging for my forgiveness and I forgave him and our relationship was back to normal again if your Ex broke up with you or you have any problem then you problem has come to an end because God is using Dr Great to solve all our problems and put a smile on our faces if you need his urgent help email him at infinitylovespell@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete